Salveo Integrative Health, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary, integrative behavioral health clinic where students can learn and thrive as they thrive. Dr. Shahzad Hashmi takes a vested interest in developing providers in the Behavioral Health Field within his practice. Our practice works with and provides preceptorship and/or internships to:
- Medical Students
- Physician Assistant Students
- Nurse Practitioner Students
- Counseling Students
- Social Work Students
- Medical Assistant Students
- Medical Office Assistant Students
- Billing and Coding Students
Requirements to begin rotation:
- Student will need letter of good standing from school
- Up-to-date vaccinations and TB test
- Active malpractice insurance
- Passed Step 1 of USMLE (if applicable)
- Motivation to learn, improve and adapt to this fast-paced clinic
MAIN FOCUS & PRIORITY
- Conduct multiple patient interviews
- Present all cases in a clear and concise manner
- Write progress notes in EHR for each client
- Compose letters requested.
- Collaborate as a team with supervising physicians and other mental health providers to develop treatment plans and approach to treatment.
As a student, you are expected to:
- Take full histories and do physical exams in a clinical setting
- Learn and assist with office procedures
- Know the schedule for the week
- Be prepared for special cases (read and research topic, meds, etc.)
- Assist in the office with needs
- Always be on time and call with any problems
- Assist with note writing in EHR. Work well with other students from different programs
- Follow all HIPAA confidentiality rules and guidelines for patient confidentiality
Students are expected to be involved in all aspects of the rotation. Students are expected to see multiple clients each day with written notes. This program is rigorous and will need student’s full commitment and attention.
Please download and print your First Day Orientation materials.