Licensed Practical Nurse
Salveo Integrative Health provides mental and behavioral health services in Georgia and North Carolina. Our team of professionals works hard to provide the best patient care.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), preferably for the night shift, in Athens, Lawrenceville, Decatur, Conyers, GA.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Staff RN upward to Service Line Director
No direct line of supervision
Provides direct care to patients and assists the Registered Nurse (RN) in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care. The LPN must meet the established standards of nursing practice and collaborate with other healthcare team members.
- Graduate of a state-approved school of practical nursing. (Will honor LPN’s currently licensed in Georgia by waiver.)
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Georgia.
- Experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting.
- Demonstrates consistent alertness, sound judgment, assertive action, and initiative.
Protected Health Information Statement:
This position requires direct and unlimited access to patients’ personal Protected Health Information (PHI). The associate accesses only that PHI required to perform his/her essential job functions.
The information accessed relates directly to the patient’s medical history. It includes sensitive information such as the patient’s mental health status. This information is only accessed as necessary to continue patient treatment, payment, and/or healthcare operations.
PHI is accessed through direct contact with patients, family members, patients• medical records/charts, computer applications, verbal reports from health care providers, and interaction with various hospital associates (other departments/units).
The associate protects the confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI) of each individual by accessing only the sensitive information that is required to perform his/her essential job functions. The associate complies with the HIPAA requirements.
- Risk for Tuberculosis Exposure: Medical Staffing & Billing Svc Inc has determined that all associates have the potential for exposure to Tuberculosis.
- Risk for Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure: Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Determination Code A: According to this job description the position has the potential for exposure to bloodborne pathogens. One example of exposure risk is when the associate has direct contact with a patient’s body fluids or other infectious material as required by job tasks.
Essential Position Competencies/Functions:
- Provides excellent service
- Treats everyone as a guest
- Demonstrates professionalism and excellence
- Accepts criticism and feedback
- Provides excellent customer service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Understands business ethics and compliance
- Performs duties in an ethical manner
- Understands and respect patient’s and customers’ rights
- Adheres to the rules, regulations, and policies
- Operates within the scope of the position
- Is dependable
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Commits to doing the best job possible
- Keeps commitments
- Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Practices safety and security
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Shows care when using equipment/materials
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses analytical skills
- Able to process and synthesize complex information into meaningful components
- Able to identify cause and effect relationships
- Able to solve problems using experience, intuition, and hard data Initiative
- Volunteers readily
- Undertakes self-development activities
- Seeks increased responsibilities
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks
- Uses available technology to increase productivity
- Demonstrates required technological skills
- Maintains and improves technological skills
- Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly in writing
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Puts success of team above own interests
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Practices teamwork
- Is adaptable
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Manages competing demands
- Changes approach as needed to best fit the situation
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity
- Meets commitments
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Upholds organizational values
- Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Asks for help when needed
- Uses innovation
- Considers non-traditional approaches to job duties
- Open to new ideas
- Able to supply judgment and creativity to non-routine tasks
- Able to make helpful suggestions to improve workplace and/or processes
- Demonstrates job knowledge
- Demonstrates technical skills and knowledge
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills
- Keeps skills and knowledge current
- Pursues continuing education
- Acts as a resource in the area of specialty
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly
- Listens and understands instructions
- Plans and prioritizes to meet deadlines
- Meets goals on time
- Anticipates problems and creates contingency plans
- Uses problem solving skills
- Identifies problems in a timely manner
- Seeks to resolve problems
- Completes work accurately and thoroughly
- Identifies methods to improve processes or procedures
- Able to apply feedback to improve performance
- Self-monitors work
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views